While DVC has come across as the most economical way to vacation in my mind, the economy is really chopping away at other peoples dreams of taking a vacation. Here is News Update #4 on DVC.
1. Disney allows purchases of DVC to be financed. Certain limitations are in place that I never actually knew. Point purchases under 50 points are not eligible for financing through Disney, while other restrictions apply to other point purchases.
A. 25-49 points = No financing. Full payment ONLY.
B. 50-99 points = Full financing at Full price.
C. 100 + points = Full financing, and incentive / bonus offers are eligible.
2. Disney had previously eliminated the 25 point add-on in the past. Disney has fully reinstated the 25 point addon policy.
3. Disney had originally announced that they were going to require 200 point minimum purchase at Bay Lake Towers. Disney has abandoned this.
4. While it doesn’t just pertain to DVC… Disney Magical Express has made a policy change that is supposed to take effect on March 30, 2009. Baggage pickup will no longer be handled prior to 5am, or after 10pm. Guests must bring their luggage to the Disney Magical Express counter with them at time of check-in.
5. The Orlando Sentinel reported that Disney has lost one of their DVC financing sources. Full article here.
Direct from the multiple sources we have…
1. Effective 2/10/2009 Disney’s Magical Express will only be issuing 1 luggage tag per person. Additional tags can be requested by calling.
2. Disney’s “Buy 4 Get 3 Free” will be extended through August 15, 2009.
3. Disney is planning to open a Preview Center for DVC. It will be in New York.
4. Disney has announced a 32% drop in the 1st quarter profits, and will be making some necessary cut backs.
The previously scheduled operation of online check-in has been announced to be fully operational as of February 24, 2009. Go to http://www.dvcmember.com for access.
Have you ever wanted to see the deed to a Disney Vacation Club purchase? Well, you can click HERE for the Orange County Comptroller site. Just enter “Disney Vac” in the Grantor field, and enter your “Last name – First name” in the Grantee field.
The following information is based on information that I gathered through several sites that I frequent. While these dates are “Slated”, they may change if Disney has any reason to delay.
Bay Lake Towers…
Opening Sept. 1, 2009
Bookings for Home Owners: March 1, 2009
Bookings for Non Home Owners: March 15, 2009
Opening June 1, 2009
Bookings for Home Owners: February 8, 2009
Bookings for Non Home Owners: February 22, 2009
I am linking to the DVCNews.Com site, as they have posted the current DVC promotions on their site. The promo page is HERE. The promotion that Disney is running seems to be a nice one, but with the economy the way it is right now I can’t forsee many people buying. The old promo of the DVC Visa, and money off, and 1st year without dues was probably the best promo I have seen yet.
If you are still on the fence about buying DVC, then look at DVCNews.Com breakeven analysis.
I am making a list of sites that have tools to help in planning Disney DVC vacations. While there are many out there, I don’t have the resources to find all of them. If you have one, then comment here, and I will make sure it gets into my listing. Here are a few that I have.
Here is some information about the Disney DVC Resort Vero Beach.
While I am a Disney lunatic, I am also a person that likes a good resort. My family stayed at the Vero Beach resort last year prior to sailing on the 7 Night Disney Cruise. The resort itself is very well kept, and “Slightly” Disney themed. The rooms are designed in the “hotel” configuration that I refer to quite often. While there are no characters to the best of my knowledge, the resort is mainly for the getaway vacation in my opinion.
When you leave the Vero Beach gates you enter into “Real World.” We went out to get food, and find other activities, as in my impressions, there wasn’t much to do. The drive to most places outside of the resort isn’t a short one either.